Fire in the grill, under hot dogs and burgers, is a welcome sight at the family cookout. But fire anywhere can make your Labor Day barbecue memorable for all the wrong reasons.
- Propane and charcoal BBQ grills should only be used outdoors.
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings and out from under eaves and overhanging branches.
- Keep children and pets away from the grill area.
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill.
- Never leave your grill unattended.
-from the National Fire Protection Assoc.
Try a new refreshing beverage at you picnic - Green Smoothie
1 banana, thickly sliced, frozen 1 tablespoon coconut oil (optional)
2 cups chopped kale 1/4 cup milk
1 tablespoon flax seed meal (optional) 1/3 cup orange juice
Place the banana, kale, flax seed meal, and coconut oil into a blender, pour mile and orange juice. Cover, and puree until smooth, serve.