1) Insulate outside walls and unheated areas of your home.
2) Wrap pipes nearest exterior walls and in crawl spaces with pipe insulation or with heating tape.
3) Caulk or weather-seal windows to cut down on wind drafts.
4) Identify areas of heat loss in your attic and properly insulate. Wrap or insulate all heating duct work to reduce heat loss through your attic
5) Detach all gardening hoses and shut off water supply to outside faucets.
6) Try to keep temperature in your home at 68 degrees or higher to keep pipes from freezing.
Image courtesy of Porbital /FreeDigitalPhotos.net